Friday, May 9, 2014

Saving Cooper the Little Sheppie


Thursday, May 8, 2014

One of GSRAs Amazing Facebook Admins posted a little boy named Cooper on my Facebook Page. He was in a shelter about 2 1/2 hours from me and had terrible mange. As many of you know, I have my hands full with 3 Shepherds of my own. Two of which, like to cause trouble with each other! So, keeping a peaceful and harmonious house is a full time job. But, something told me that this little pup was meant to come to our house.

I contacted the shelter within an hour of receiving the post and 3 hours later I was in the car driving to the shelter. 

 
Getting in the car for our 2 1/2 hour return trip home. 
Cooper slept the entire way home!

I didn't know what to expect when I got to this rural shelter. Some of these shelters are good, but many are struggling and conditions are less than stellar. When I got to the shelter, I was met with the most amazing and caring staff. They run a small shelter, but they give everything they have to these animals. They are packed full, but work hard to care for these forgotten animals. I was impressed and I know I will keep in contact with them. The care they gave Cooper says it all! 



  


Cooper was such a trooper on the way home. He curled up and went to sleep. No crying, not pacing and NO car sickness! 
Getting settled in his safe place

Cooper slept through the night and seems to be crate trained already. He is such a good puppy.

Cooper with Mama Tina
Cooper seems to be settling in. He has a long road ahead of him. All his joints are swollen and he has trouble walking, but all he wants to do is follow his dogs and humans around. 




Are you my new Papa?
Wait for me Papa!

Thank you to the wonderful ACO and Shelter that saved this puppy and cared for him so well before we got him! He will be fine now!

No comments:

Post a Comment