Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Fab-Five: One Year later - Georgia's Story

Blog 5 of 5

Georgia, The Queen Bee
Georgia, the elder of the Fab Five would like to finish up the Fab Five Blog herself. Georgia used to have to worry about how she and the other Fab Five were being treated, the food they would get, the poor conditions they lived in. However, it does not take long for a girl to get used to the finer things in life. She is now living the life of a queen!

Hey ya’ll, Mama doesn’t know this, but I’ve been sneaking on her computer and watching all the antics going on and learning about my brothers and sisters.  Some of ya’ll are very clever!  Some even have their own Facebook page! I must get one of those! EVIL HEHEHE! Inserted here!

Now, I used to worry about getting food and my mom said I would never have to worry again, but get this...  Yesterday Mama didn’t feed me breakie!  After all I do for her??  The nerve!  I’m the first to greet her when I hear the truck door slam and the key hit the lock.  I welcome Mama with a great big hearty GSD WOOF WOOF!!!!

I am also the first on alert when we are home alone with Mama and I hear that truck outside and the door opening and I once again PROTECT Mama to let her know someone is coming to the door.  I give that great big WOOF WOOF and this time my sisters join in.  NO ONE and I MEAN NO ONE is going to hurt my Mama!  I don’t care if it is Dada!

They EVEN make me do chores!
So anyways, back to my story of no breakie!  The “Mama” finally comes home and I had to tell her off, my tummy was growling, what else should have I done, Right?  It starts out all normal, I bark, she comes in, puts her stuff down, pets us, lets us out to do our business and leaves us out there ALONE! So I of course I have to let Mama know “ROO ROO ROO!”
Give me my BREAKIE!!!!!
“ROO ROO ROO”!  She must have heard me cuz she let us in and started making breakie (did I tell you it is now LUNCHTIME)!  Ya’ll must understand that I’m a southern belle and politely wait on my bed for my meal to be served to me.  Well not this time!  I ROO ROO’d Mama because she was too slow!  But, because I’m a true southern belle I was on my bed by the time Mama served my breakie (wait LUNCH).

I just cannot believe that one day I had to wait until 11:30am to get my breakfast! Aunt Angie, could you have a talk with my mama?

“Georgia, GEORGIA move over, what are you doin?  All I hear is you and Crazy (CJ) giggling”!  “Let me have that laptop”!


OOPS ya’ll I gotta go! Busted!  Georgia out!

Ok, OK Georgia’s Mama here and I read her story.  Very entertaining if I must say so myself!  But in my defense let me tell you my side of this tale.

Yes, I admit I didn’t feed the girls breakie yesterday morning, but as I was leaving the house at 0’dark thirty EVERYONE but me was sleeping all snug as a bug in their beds!  Including Dada!  No one even moved! What was I supposed to do? Leave breakfast sitting out?  Heaven forbid if the “neglected” kids miss a meal!  I was home by 11:30 to feed them.
Sis's Sharing
As you can see Sweet Georgia Girl has finally realized that she is not going anywhere no matter what she does and has started to “train” Mama and Dadda! We can’t help but smile at the smallest “dog” things that Georgia does from throwing a toy in the air to barking at the neighbor’s dog!  We love our almost 11 year old PUPPY!

Georgia is spoiled rotten and lovin’ life.  She even smiles and when she gets on her big bed to sleep. She sleeps so comfy that we have to check if she is breathing (talk about be comfy).

A GREAT big hug and THANK YOU to Auntie Angie for saving these great dogs and GSRA taking them into their care.


2 comments:

  1. Georgia looks FABulous for an 11 year old GSD. I love what she wrote and her sense of humor. Spoiled??? No, she is just making up for the years she lived in Hell. She deserves to be spoiled for the rest of her life, however long that may be. And Mama... you're doing a great job, cause you can tell how much you love her and how much Georgia loves you too. I'm sure that even at this age, Georgia would fight to the death to protect you. Kudos to Georgia and you, to Auntie Angie for saving her, and for GSRA for taking in the FAB Five and letting them learn what it's like to be loved and cared for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the pleasure of meeting and serving this southern belle. Georgia is a very happy happy dog, livin the good life. To watch an older dog act like a puppy is such joy. The small things that she should be scolding the young ones for... she joins right in. You can't help but almost cry with joy for her! (just don't mess with momma) She will only know love and joy from here on out. I think each foster dog that comes into this home, brings more to momma and dada than they can ever give back. As i know each and every foster parent/adopter of a resuce can say is true. Thanks to all the GSRA fosters and volenteers and for all those who have ever helped one of these wonderful souls come to know love and joy. Sometimes the time with them is way to short, but the reward is that they knew love and respect the last minutes of their lives and that is what they leave with. Again thanks to all who helped in this case and for anyone who has ever helped a soul in need, be it a cat, dog, or horse, whichever wonderful life has chosen you! Thanks all!

    ReplyDelete