Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Cooper Has FUR!!


I don't mean to be NOSEY, but have you filled out an application for my friends Shelby and Sani yet? Remember, if I can get 10 of my friends adopted I will get a super awesome prize! I am 0/10! To assist, here is the link to the APPLICATION. Also, if you want to adopt one of our other dogs, just put in the comment section of the application that you were referred by Cooper and that will count too!!!!


REESE IS AN AWESOME PUP!

This week I am going to tell you about my friend Reese before I tell you all the cool things going on in my life! Reese is a 2 year old male who spent his life outside. His first human family was expecting a human baby and said Reese was too much trouble and sent him away!!! Can you believe that??? Reese is a very good boy who just needs a human willing to give him attention and continue the wonderful training his foster mom and other rescue friends have started. Because of his background, he would prefer a calm house and would absolutely love a canine friend to help show him what life is all about! Reese is the WHOLE package! He is a handsome fella like me, very trainable, lovable and appreciative of the attention people give him. 

Now back to ME!

As you know, I went to Grandma's house last week. This week I have been learning new things, growing and being a "Good Cooper". I am almost housebroken! My mama says she is super proud of me. When I have an accident, my mama doesn't do mean things like rubbing my nose in the pee! If she doesn't catch me (I am sneaky), then she just cleans it up. If she catches me, she gets me by the back of the neck (I scream for dramatics) and she takes me outside. Once I pee, she tells me I am a good dog. She doesn't yell at me or hit me. She says that I will NEVER be hit and not to worry my cute self about that at all! I have had only one accident since coming back from Grandma's. I had the accident after Papa got home from work and I was EXCITED!!!!

I have been leaving Mama presents around the house. Here is just a sampling of my baby teeth! Mama says she can't wait until I get my adult teeth because my constant biting is getting old. (She doesn't mean it, she loves me, teething and all!).


Hanging with my sister, Dezzie. Notice all the fur on my legs!

Don't forget GSRA has an Adoption Event this weekend in Cary!
Adoption Event/AniMall/Cary  
Saturday June 14th, 2014 10:30 AM until 12:30 PM
Location: AniMall Pet Adoption and Outreach Center (919) 465-2500
Map: 1105 Walnut Street, Suite H8808 Cary NC 27511



4 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE Cooper and I love his foster mom for taking such AWESOME care of him. He looks so fantastic and happy. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooper looks so good! Can I ask what meds have been used to cure his mange? OTC and prescription. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The transformation has been amazing! He's a handsome little guy! Love Cooper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cooper is on oral Ivomec for the mange. The amount he takes changes as he gains weight. He will need to be on this for at least 3 months. He was on antibiotics for a little over a month. He also gets medicated baths every 3-4 days. In the early days he got the baths every 2 days, but now it is every 4 days. I think soon that can be each week. We have to balance healing his skin vs drying it out. He still has mange on his belly and under his legs, but that is healing nicely. When he had open sores, I put coconut oil on the sores and he healed up quickly! It is amazing for me to look back at photos and see how quickly his fur is coming in! Even last week his feet were still black looking and now he has blonde fur on them!

    ReplyDelete