Thursday, November 12, 2015

Bear's Birthday

Happy Birthday Bear Buddy, or as I like to refer to him - BOOBEAR!

I know I keep saying this over and over again, but I am beyond amazed. I guess I built up this long rehabilitation process in my head and I can't seem to wrap my head around how quickly Bear has adjusted to life off of the chain!



Bear has been at the hospital since Saturday. We needed to make sure he was healthy and heartworm negative before we could neuter him. Our first bit of good news came Saturday morning when we discovered that he was heartworm negative. We had prepared ourselves for the worst and relief across the rescue could be heard throughout the state! Next, his blood work... came back perfect. For a dog that has been starved, he was remarkably healthy. That meant that Bear lost his, um, well, he got neutered on Monday. He was a little upset at first, but has completely forgiven us! 

Yesterday, I visited him in the hospital. Apparently our young man is feeling better and wants human or canine company ALL OF THE TIME. When he was alone in his kennel, he made his displeasure known. He was a real pain in the toosh yesterday and I LOVE IT! I feel bad for the vet and the vet techs, but a healthy and excited dog is exactly what I want! They discovered if they put a canine friend in the room with him, he calmed down and was quiet. This boy is going to be someone's SHADOW!!

I think I can stop with my words and let Bear tell you how he feels! This was our playtime yesterday. Notice that tail! NOT the same dog from 2 weeks ago! Tomorrow Bear comes home with me to meet Cooper, Asher and Miss "I am a Monster" Maggie. All GSRA Alums! 







No comments:

Post a Comment